Altum is delighted to share the results of the Fall 2015 State of Grantseeking report, conducted in partnership with GrantStation.
The Fall 2015 State of Grantseeking survey found that there was an increase in rates of funding from all government sources and from most non-government sources.
While lack of time and/or staff continues to be the greatest grantseeking challenge, there has been a 267% increase in competition for grant funding as the greatest grantseeking challenge.
Other key findings from the survey include:
- Private foundations continue to be the most frequent funding source, the largest total source of funding, and the source of the largest single grant for most organizations;
- While most grants include some indirect or administrative cost funding, 44% of Federal government grants and 51% of non-government grants included indirect rates of 10% or less;
- While 89% of organizations reported that some or all of their funders require outcomes reporting, 34% reported that those funders never cover impact measurement costs.
The most frequent sources of funding vary by organization budget size:
- Small budget - under $100,000
- Medium budget - between $100,000 and $999,999
- Large budget - between $1 million and $25 million
- X-large budget - over $25 million
Download the Fall 2015 State of Grantseeking Report.